Friday, October 20, 2017

Saw a guy die in Paris once

Paris 1980 something. It was a very strange day. I woke up in the Three Ducks Hostel and had set out to see Jim Morrison's grave.  The trip took a while and was clear across town. The Three Ducks was right in the middle of the 15 arrondissement and the  Père Lachaise was right behind the 11th arrondissement which is essentially a borough. So that's pretty much the other side of town.  And the other side of town it was.  For starters I was met by not one but two girls who had decided to tag along with me. The seemed to have argued over who was to be with me and this annoyed me to some extent at that time I couldn't hardly believe it but now see what was really happening.  But this isn't a story about them or jim's grave which had a far amount of visitors. That didn't seem right Chopin was right down the way and it didn't get a single visit while I was there.
     No it was after I had seen the grave. When I was on my way back I saw a man lying down on the sidewalk just down away from a guy sitting in a doorway I myself was standing at the bus stop just feet away waiting for a bus. The man was dressed all in white and appeared as though he may have been painting or playing cricket . Or maybe he had been and some formal gathering . But he was very thin and wore a white dress coat and with white shoes and no shirt. He had his hand tucked into his belt and it was all bloody.  As I waited it appeared as though the man had perished right then and there.  Just before I got on the bus he closed his eyes. I felt badly for him and angry that I was in no position to help out.  Or was I . Maybe I could have held the poor old man's hand . From the looks I got from the other guy I felt it was best to just leave him alone. Now many years later I know all the characters in the Paris scene were possibly payers  on grand scale and I was only lucky or smart enough to get away. It pays to be weary of people who portend to be in distress .  Or something to good to be true maybe.   I read this and agree that I not at all good at writing but it was a very strange day and it did happen.  I believe I saw I guy die but it could have been a con.       

  

No comments:

Post a Comment